How much should you care about Bitcoin? This meetup is for beginners and enthusiasts familiar with the concept of cryptocurrencies. Bring friends for Q&A, Pizza and Networking!
The security of the Bitcoin network is provided by node operators, commonly known as miners. Mining involves burning energy to brute force cryptography. For their efforts, miners are paid with newly minted coins and collect all transaction fees from the block they mined.
The profitability of mining depends on your costs, which includes capital cost (Mining equipment, Cooling systems, etc.) and operational cost (rent, energy, labor) and revenue which depends on the price of coins, and difficulty of mining.
To discuss the mining industry we will be talking about:
Which coin to mine
ASIC vs. GPU mining
Cost of mining
Is individual mining profitable
Energy consumption and CO2 emissions
Future of mining
Yan Katcharovski, Founder of CoinMiner, Project Manager at Apiqu (mining operations).
Vlade Shestakov, COO at GPUnity, producer of mining optimization software www.miningoptimizer.net
Claim your 10 THAT COINS (THAT). This is how:
• Get your Waves Wallet http://bit.ly/THATwallet
• Join Our Telegram Group http://t.me/cryptobayto
• Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your wallet address and Telegram username
• Learn how to earn more THAT http://bit.ly/THATbounty
• Spend your THAT at That Channel and Crypto Bay Meetup http://meetup.com/ThatCrypto
• Watch previous meetups on Youtube http://bit.ly/watchthatcrypto
• Join Our Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/ThatCryptoTO/
• Join Our Meetup Dedicated to WAVES Blockchain http://meetup.com/WavesTO